Whether it is a guest post or on-site blog or the website itself, your content is incomplete without the right set of keywords. Keywords help you reach out to your target audience with ease, bringing in better-qualified leads and higher revenue for every dollar you spend on your law firm SEO marketing.
Finding the right set of keywords, however, is easier said than done. You need to conduct thorough keyword research to make sure you have the right keywords. Although thorough keyword research will be time-consuming, it will be worth it as your content will become more relevant and data-driven.
Here’s how you can find the right target keywords.
1. Understand Your Niche First
One of the first things you need to do is to understand your niche completely. Studying your niche involves getting an in-depth understanding of your brand or company, your industry and the latest trends in it, and also your customers. This research helps you to find the niche-specific keywords, which can help you create highly targeted content.
With these highly specific keywords, you will be able to narrow down your industry vertical based on your offerings, such as your services and products. You can start by defining your niche and identifying the most used search phrases or keywords in it. You can further narrow them down based on how your target audience interacts with your content.
In addition to using a keyword research tool, make sure to search the social media and online forums related to your niche as well. It can help you get a wide range of keywords, allowing you to create an assortment of content for your lawyer SEO campaigns.
2. Find Out the Most Relevant Topics
When it comes to SEO for lawyers, finding the topics relevant to your keywords is also equally important. The keywords you want to use should be highly specific to not just your website content but also your guest content and social media posts. That’s why finding the most relevant topics depending on your law firm marketing goal is necessary.
For example, if you want to target parents with young children looking for legal separation, you can write on any of the following topics.
- Where to file for divorce?
- How much a divorce lawyer costs?
- How can a divorce lawyer help?
- How is child custody determined in (your location)?
- Can I appeal a child custody order?
When making the list, think about the most relevant keywords you can use naturally in your topics. You can also use semantically connected keywords in your content to strengthen its outreach and relevance.
3. Define Keywords Based on Their Intent
If you need your law firm SEO strategy to generate highly qualified leads; relevance and search volume alone aren’t enough. You also need to take the search intent into account. The search intent is the purpose with which a user types the keyword.
For example, when people use search terms like “how to file for a divorce,” they are looking for more information on the process of a divorce filing. This is called informational intent.
In other words, if you provide such users with content that helps them understand how the divorce process works, they are more likely to engage further with your content, and eventually, convert into your customers.
The four most common types of keyword intents include:
- High Intent – where the users have already decided to buy a product or service.
- Navigational Intent – where users are looking for a particular site or link or content.
- Transactional Intent – where users are surfing the web with the intention of buying a product or service.
- Informational Intent – where users are looking for more information that can help them make the right decision.
When creating your content, make sure to include the keywords with suitable search intent, and create your topics accordingly. It can help you attract highly qualified leads that are more likely to convert down the line.
4. Create a List of Primary Keywords
Once you have considered all three factors, you can create a list of primary keywords. These are your seed keywords, and they should be:
- The exact search phrases your target audience is using on Google and other search engines.
- Extremely relevant to your niche.
- Suitable for creating highly-specific topic ideas for your law firm marketing campaigns.
- Focus on your brand or specific service, such as divorce and family law, criminal defense, or personal injury, among others.
You can use these seed keywords to find more service-specific semantic keywords and unique long-tail keywords that are used less frequently but have higher chances of conversion. You will need to keep updating this list periodically. The fresher your list is, the more likely your SEO for a lawyer is to succeed.
Keyword research is the foundation of a highly successful law firm marketing strategy. That’s why it needs to be as thorough as possible. These four tips will help you carry out in-depth and goal-driven keyword research. However, keyword research is not only time consuming but also needs considerable SEO experience. As a result, it makes perfect sense to outsource your SEO requirements to a professional digital marketing agency like Gorilla Webtactics. Call us today at (612) 470-9877 or contact us online to know more.