These days, law firms must do a lot more than just practice law. In the past, walk ins and referrals were often enough to sustain a practice, but in today’s market where you must compete with DIY services like LegalZoom or Rocket Lawyer as well as thousands of new lawyers online, improving your marketing and lead intake is becoming an even more important part of your ongoing growth and acquisition strategy.
However, with all the new tools and software available to help, finding the right ones isn’t that easy. Listing every one, complete with all their various pros and cons, would be a huge undertaking – so to make things a little bit more digestible, we’ve culled out the best and most beneficial Law Firm Marketing tools and software for your review.
The Best Legal Marketing Tools & Legal Software in 2023 Are:
- Automated Text Messaging
- Email Marketing Automation
- Document Automation
- Lex Reception & Answering Service
- CallRail Call Tracking
- Clio Legal Practice Management Software
For more information about each of these tools, read below…
Law Firm Marketing Tool #1:
Automated Text Messaging
Text messaging is a common mode of communication for just about everybody these days. According to a Nielsen study, texting is the most used form of data transfer in the world. It transcends generations and unlike other forms of technology, is widely trusted.
With an automated text messaging tool, you can accomplish many things:
- You can conveniently and discretely remind clients of upcoming appointments and even provide them with links for driving directions
- Send gentle reminders to clients about forms they need to complete or documents and other items that they need to bring to appointments and court hearings
- Use internally to send reminders to lawyers and other staff about time-sensitive issues, court hearings, and meetings
Law Firm Marketing Tool #2:
Email Marketing Automation
Despite what you may think, email is still the most valuable tool in the marketing arsenal. It’s a way to get your message in front of people while having their complete and undivided attention, and it’s excellent for building trust as well as for distributing useful and timely information.
Email Marketing Automation allows you to segment your list based on a number of criteria such as by geography, type of legal service interest, past clients, current clients, people who have shown interest but have not yet become a client. This gives you an opportunity to personalize your message so that it is more relevant to the recipient.
Email automation helps you in various other ways as well:
- You can provide an additional and more detailed reminder to your client (besides a text) with regard to their upcoming appointments, provide them with links for driving directions, a list of documents to bring, and so on
- Helps you to stay top-of-mind with prospective clients that may have downloaded content from your website by continuing to deliver helpful and relevant content to them and encourage them to set up an appointment or move forward with their case
- Keep current clients up-to-date on their case proceedings as well as the next steps in the process
- Use as a check-in to remind clients that you are working hard on their case and that they can reach out to you anytime
Law Firm Marketing Tool #3:
Document management is a huge time-saver in the legal office. Lawyers and law firm staff spend an inordinate amount of time on repetitive tasks like writing, printing, and sending out contracts and other legal documents. Think about how much could be accomplished in that time if the things you do over and over again could be automated?
Document automation is a way to relieve the burden of creating and sending day-to-day correspondence like legal contracts, signature and document requests and reminders about what you need.
- Helps you manage more clients with less time
- Keeps your clients informed with timely communication
- Reminds your clients what you need from them
- Frees up time for you and your staff to do other things
- Automatically sends contracts and reminds people to sign them
- Eliminates time spent on collecting documents you need for the case
Law Firm Marketing Tool #4:
LEX Reception & Answering Service
LEX Reception has become an essential tool for law firms who want to grow better. In today’s fast-paced world, consumers want to be able to pick up the phone and talk to someone now. By hiring LEX Reception you can ensure that you’ll be able to meet that demand.
LEX Reception also has bilingual staff who are trained in the legal industry so that they can answer questions and address concerns in a way that will align with your firm.
LEX Reception is also a valuable tool for law firms because:
- They can answer your phone 24/7
- They can intake clients and book consultations
- They can take payments over the phone
- They can integrate directly with your CRM
- They can call out to follow up on forms and contracts
By handing some of these tasks over to LEX Reception, law firms find they have more time in the day, both for their practice and for a better work/life balance.
Want To Learn More? Click Here & Save $150 On Your First Month Of Services
Law Firm Marketing Tool #5:
CallRail Call Tracking
As a lawyer, you must be able to track and analyze your marketing investments in order to make informed business decisions. CallRail’s Call Tracking let’s you do just that. CallRail Call Tracking can provide you with the insights you need so that you can spend smarter on everything you do.
With CallRail, you can track all of your incoming calls from Google Ads, Organic SEO and Social Media. This allows you to understand which marketing channels are generating you the best return.
In addition, CallRail’s call tracking can help you:
- Analyze the quality of your calls
- Record your calls to review
- Improve your intake processes
- Improve your marketing ROI
Overall, CallRail call tracking is an extremely valuable tool for law firms looking to generate more qualified leads and improve their marketing ROI.
To Learn More About CallRail’s Call Tracking & Pricing Plans. Click Here…
Law Firm Marketing Tool #6:
Clio Practice Management Software
Let’s face it: Managing client relationships and staying organized is the key to running a successful law firm. This is why Clio’s Practice Management Software comes in so handy. Clio’s Legal Practice Management Software and CRM is specifically designed for lawyers to help manage clients, cases and billing.
With Clio’s Legal Practice Management Software you can:
- Eliminate data entry and non-billable tasks with customizable, public-facing online intake forms and other easy-to-use, time-saving features.
- Take the complexity out of documentation by automating legal documents that your clients can sign instantly from their computer, phone, or tablet.
- Organize and nurture your potential new clients, existing clients, and professional contacts from one convenient platform.
Additionally, Clio allows you to create automated text and email workflows in order to improve your client intake and retain new clients within minutes.
To Try Clio’s Legal Software Free For 7 Days With No Obligation. Click Here…
This article was updated on 3/15/2023 to reflect the best Law Firm Marketing Tools & Software’s in 2023 that our Law Firm Marketing Agency have found and personally use. For additional information on legal software and tools that are not listed in this article, how these tools and software compare to what you are currently using and/or consulting services for any of the tools listed above, please contact us or give us a call at 612-470-9877 M-F, 8am-5pm MST. We are always happy to help!