There’s nothing more frustrating than working with a marketing agency that doesn’t give you what you want. For some it’s poor customer service and for others it’s just bad results. Regardless of your case, the moment a marketing agency stops caring about your firm or giving you what you need it’s time to transition to a better agency as quickly and efficiently as possible. Waiting any longer could make a serious impact on your bottom line and your firm, if it hasn’t already!
Step 1. Get Administrator Access
Before you decide to hire a new Law Firm Marketing Agency you MUST make sure you are the administrator and/or owner of all your accounts. This is a very critical step in the process. A lot of times marketing agencies like to make themselves the administrators of your accounts. This gives them full control of the account to do whatever they please. This might make things convenient for them, but not for you. Especially when you want to leave because you are unhappy with their services or results.
The bottom line is that if you’re not in complete control of your accounts you could potentially risk losing valuable data. Worse yet… get locked out of everything that’s been worked on for you!
Before you decide to hire a new Law Firm Marketing Agency, you NEED to make sure you are the administrator of these accounts:
- Google Adwords
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Google My Business
- Email Platform Logins (MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Website Hosting (IE: HostGater, Network Solutions, WPengine)
- Website CMS (IE: WordPress)
- Domain Registar (This is where your URL was purchase, IE: Godaddy)
- Business Facebook Page
- Business Linkedin
- Business Twitter
- Live Chat Software (This what you use to chat with people on your website, IE: SnapEngage, Live Chat)
- Text Messaging Software (IE: SalesMessage)
- Video Hosting (Any other platform other than YouTube, IE: Wistia)
- Call Tracking (IE: CallRail)
- Directory Listing Website (I.E. Avvo, Justia, FindLaw, Super Lawyers, Yelp, MapQuest, Apple Maps)
For an easy to use worksheet to keep track of all of these accounts and passwords, click here.
Step 2. Choose Your New Agency
Let’s face it… There are a lot of great sales people out there with nice, shiny websites that can make it seem like they can help you reach your goals. However, if you don’t make the right choice you could very well end up in the same position that you were with your last agency.
Remember… You NEED a Law Firm Marketing agency that:
- Pays Attention To Detail
- Provides Quality Workmanship
- Provides Consistent Results
- Is Law Firm Specific
- Has Several Years of Experience
- Are Good Communicators
In order to find this you need to ask:
- Who’s the most detail orientated member of your team?
- How do you keep track of project details?
- What do you consider quality work?
- How do you check for accuracy on each job?
- How often do you work for law firms?
- When did you first start working for law firms?
- What’s your follow up routine after a job is completed?
- If I need your help or immediate service what is your protocol?
Step 3. Make The Switch
This is the exciting part. You’ve confirmed you are administrator of all of your online accounts and that you’ve found a new agency that can truly help you reach your goals. Congrats! Now it’s time to let your agency know that you are leaving.
The first step in this process is pretty straight forward…
Make sure that any accounts that they’ve added to your accounts are removed!
The last thing that you want someone to do is sabotage all of your digital assets or destroy any data.
Next, send your current provider an email to let them know you’ll be discontinuing services. This way your cancellation notice has been documented and you have written proof.
Need Help? Contact Us.
Searching for a new marketing agency isn’t always an easy task. That’s why we are always happy to help. At Gorilla Webtactics we take pride in helping law firms grow better. Including, finding the right marketing agency for you. Call us at (612) 470-9877 today or simply contact us online today and we’ll be sure to help you make a smooth and seem less transition to a provider that you can be happy with for years to come.