There’s nothing more frustrating than working with a marketing agency that doesn’t give you what you want. For some it’s poor customer service and for others it’s just bad results. Regardless of your case, the moment a marketing agency stops caring about your firm or giving you what you need it’s time to transition to a better agency as quickly and efficiently as possible. Waiting any longer could make a serious impact on your bottom line and your attitude, if it hasn’t already!
Are You The Administrator Of All Your Accounts?
First things first… you need to make sure you are the administrator and/or owner of all your accounts. This is a very critical step in the process. A lot of times marketing agencies like to make themselves the administrators of your accounts. This gives them full control of the account to do whatever they please. This might make things easier for them, but not for you. Especially when you want to leave. If you’re not in complete control of your accounts you could potentially risk losing valuable data. Worse yet… get locked out of everything that’s been worked on for you!
Before you decide to make the switch, you NEED to make sure you are the administrator of these accounts:
- Google Adwords
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Google My Business
- Email Platform Logins (MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Website Hosting (This is where your site is hosted, IE: HostGater, Network Solutions, etc.)
- Website CMS (This is where your site was built, IE: WordPress)
- Domain Registar (This is where your URL was purchase, IE: Godaddy)
- Business Facebook Page
- Business Linkedin
- Business Twitter
- Live Chat Software (This what you use to chat with people on your website, IE: SnapEngage)
- Text Messaging Software (This is what you use to text people from your computer, IE: SalesMessage)
- Video Hosting (Any other platform other than YouTube, IE: Wistia)
- Call Tracking (This is what you use to track and monitor internet calls, IE: CallRail)
For an easy to use worksheet to keep track of all of these accounts and passwords, click here.
It’s Time To Make The Move.
Great! You’ve made it this far. You’ve confirmed you are administrator of all of your online accounts, now it’s time to let your agency know that you are leaving. Start by sending them an email. That way your cancellation notice has been documented and you have written proof. Most agencies will accept and confirm your cancellation notice and move on. If not, and they seem to be a little apprehensive you’ll need to make sure they don’t have access to your accounts anymore because let’s face it: The last thing you want is for them to deter you from moving in the right direction.
How To Find The Right Law Firm Marketing Agency For You
This is the tricky part. There are a lot of great sales people out there with nice, shiny websites that can make it seem like they can help you reach your goals. However, once you’ve hired them, you won’t be very happy if you find out that they’re just as bad as the last agency you’ve been working with.
Every law firmNEEDSa marketing agency that:
- Pays Attention To Detail
- Provides Quality Workmanship
- Provides Consistent Results
- Is Law Firm Specific
- Has Several Years of Experience
- Are Good Communicators
In order to find this you need to ask:
- Who’s the most detail orientated member of your team?
- How do you keep track of project details?
- What do you consider quality work?
- How do you check for accuracy on each job?
- How often do you work for law firms?
- When did you first start working for law firms?
- What’s your follow up routine after a job is completed?
- If I need your help or immediate service what is your protocol?
Once you’ve got the answers to these questions you’ll be ready to make the right move.
Qualified Experts To Help You Along The Way
Searching for a new marketing agency isn’t always an easy task. That’s why we are always happy to help. At Gorilla Webtactics we take pride in helping law firms grow smarter. Including, finding the right marketing agency for you. Call us at (612) 470-9877 today or simply contact us online today and we’ll be sure to help you make a smooth and seem less transition that you’ll be happy with for years to come.